Thursday, June 4, 2009

16 weeks

It's been a long week and a half! Mainly because I think I have been awake the whole time. This past Friday I must have picked up a bug. I could not keep any food down and I was up most of the night. Saturday I stopped puking, but still did not feel very good. Sunday I finally felt better. I have been having a hard time sleeping. I just can't get comfortable. My work schedule has changed to working in the mornings, so the nap I used to take before work is no longer an option. It has been difficult.

Since we live so close to Canada, we get a lot of their geese. One of my favorite parts of springtime here is when all the babies are hatched. They are tiny and surprisingly bright yellow. I have been meaning to get some pictures of them before they get too big and turn into normal annoying geese, but I manage to forget my camera every time. Well, Mike and I were on a mission Sunday to find them, and it wasn't very hard....

They are getting big now and are not as yellow, but still pretty cute.
Last night we had our second annual MS Fundraiser. It has been a lot of work to get it together and I am so happy it's over! We had a live band and lots of food, beer, and people. Everyone had a great time. My boss does such a great job of helping me put this together. She knows so many people around town that are willing to donate the things we need to make it all happen. We raised $2,427.00 in just one evening.

This is my boss Jo. I am 16 weeks.

Today I had another doctor's appointment. My normal doctor was not there so I met with a nurse midwife, who is actually one of my clients. I was REALLY hoping for an ultrasound, but I have to wait until next time. I wanted to see if we could tell the sex of the baby, darn it! We did get to hear the heartbeat. As soon as she put the thing on my tummy the beat was there, but the baby didn't like it and started to move all around. Everything checked out just fine. We have to wait 6 weeks for our next appointment! That is going to feel like forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment