Wednesday, September 2, 2009

29 Weeks

We are officially in out third trimester! Holy cow!

Last week I finally had a doctor's appointment, actually I had two appointments. The hospital and doctors that I will be using are at Fort Carson, a huge Army base. It takes an hour to get to the actual hospital by the time you get through the gate and find a parking space. My first appointment was Wednesday. I met with a nurse, she went through a bunch of information (available classes, nutrition, etc.), weighed me, took my blood pressure, and told me to come back on Friday to see an OB. That was VERY annoying. Thank goodness I did not have anything else planned for that day. My second appointment I met with my new OB. I was anxious to get to know her, hear my baby's heartbeat, and hear her thoughts on MS and pregnancy. After talking with her for a while, I find out that she knows nothing about MS and then find out that she is not my OB. I do not really have one OB in particular. I will most likely meet with a new person at every appointment and have to tell them my medical history each time. This is a very new concept for me. I had such a wonderful, knowledgeable doctor in Montana that I had great relationship with. I was shocked. And after the shock, I was really upset. When I called Mike crying, he was shocked and upset too. So we decide to take a step back and put things in perspective- as long as my baby is healthy, which he is, it doesn't matter who delivers him or checks us at our appointment. I don't HAVE to have that. What I do have to have, if nothing else, is a neurologist that knows something about MS. I am hoping to find out at my next appointment who that will be.


Last week was a little stressful, BUT THEN Mike came home on Saturday! WooHoo! Now everything is right in the world. He has been working his little tail off in this house. He likes to tell people, "Yeah, Katie put me right to work as soon as I got here..." But the truth is that he got in around 7:30, I showed him the house, and he couldn't even sit down for a second. He wanted to get right to work because he was so excited. He started breaking down the mile high pile of boxes that Jeremy and I had in the garage... and he hasn't stopped since. The house is really starting to come together.

Yesterday we bought all of our paint for the house. Mike got started right away on this lovely baby room the previous owners worked so hard on. They put so much effort into this circus theme! Now Mike has to put so much effort into covering it up.






Here my large self is at 29 weeks. Things are getting to be more difficult for sure. I feel my energy level going down a little bit. Picking things up and tying shoes is always an event. My back, feet, and hips tend to hurt a lot. Yes Melissa, I hear you right now and I STILL have not gotten a yoga dvd! I really need to.



Little Dylan is still so active. I decided to do a fetal kick count the other day. The chart I have instructed me to count ten good movements and log how long it takes. If he doesn't do ten movements within two hours (I think) then I would need to call the doc. Well, D did his in less than ten minutes! He tries to beat his record all the time. Sometimes he gives me the creeps when he rolls around, or whatever he is doing, and my belly makes these huge waves. It's so weird!
Other baby news includes a change in nursery bedding. I know this is going to disappoint some of you (Nancy and Emilee), but before Jeremy left we went to a huge kids consignment sale called Just Between Friends- http://www.blogger.com/www.jbfsale.com There was a ton of stuff at great prices. Natalie, Melissa, Ryann, any of you with kids- there were really nice clothes there for older kids too, not just babies. I was too overwhelmed to know what size baby clothes to buy, so I ended up with none. Luckily, there will be another sale in the spring. Anyhow, my point to all of this is that Jeremy and I found a really nice, cute bedding set that included everything for $50. I don't know who was more excited- me or Jeremy.

Our new address is: 10173 Angeles Rd
Peyton, CO 80831

Phone #: 719-495-1401

No comments:

Post a Comment