Thursday, September 17, 2009

31 weeks

I feel like it’s been a month since my last blog. Let’s see, what have we been doing….

Last week Mike drove to Montana to get the dog. Tucker has done great since he has been home. He’s really happy to be back with his mom and dad. Mike also got all of the painting done- it looks great. We bought a few pieces of new furniture and they were delivered last week. We got a new couch and love seat as well as a formal dining room set. All of our rooms are pretty much set up, with the exception of the baby’s room. This past weekend we went shopping to get some of the essentials. We got the car seat, the swing and the pack-n-play, which the baby is going to sleep in beside our bed at first. The crib and mattress are being delivered this week. We cannot wait for that!! Even though the nursery is a little bare, we both get excited when we go in there. I think I spent all of last week washing baby items, but it is so much fun looking at all those tiny clothes!

Mike started work last Wednesday. He doesn’t really have anything to do yet, but he knows that he will be working on one satellite in particular with two other people. He likes everyone in his office and things are going good so far. In October he will go to New Mexico for a few days to learn exactly what he will be doing.

I had a checkup this Monday. It was sort of weird because my appointment was at 6pm. Parking and getting through the gate was way easier. I saw a midwife this time. She happened to be the one that goes to Peterson AFB twice a week so people do not have to drive so far. I was told that I could not go see her because I'm considered high risk and have to see an OB, but she fixed that for me. There is absolutely no reason for me to go to Fort Carson, especially since none of them know anything about MS and there is no consistency in my care… sort of pointless. So that is going to be great! We will still have the baby at Fort Carson, but I am going to save a ton of gas money and time going to Peterson for checkups.

This is our patio. Tuck and I spend time out here everyday. Love the fire pit!!
I get my squats in by picking up the ball a million times.
Am I really that big?? Good grief. This is why the blogs have gone down to once every two weeks... it takes me a week to get over how big I look! Hahaha Just kidding! The fact that my shirt is too small doesn't help.

Next week we are having hardwood floors installed in the living area, and having our kitchen area refinished. That is something we have known we wanted to do from day one. It is going to be such a hassle, but we decided to go ahead and just get it over with. I am already dreading it.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the fire pit! i can't believe you guys went and got all grown up and bought all new furniture.....haha.....i guess we should follow suit! and you look great - you definitely don't look 31 weeks! just remember to keep moving - JUST KIDDING!

    ReplyDelete