Thursday, November 12, 2009

39 weeks

To all of you psychic wannabe’s out there- Don’t quit your day job! I am STILL pregnant. Almost all of you had a prediction of when I am going to have the baby and all of those dates have passed.

We just got back from a check-up. I am ALMOST 4cm dilated and 80% effaced. I am pretty sure she said that he is at a -1 station, which refers to how far the baby has descended into the birth canal. A -1 station is higher than a +1 station, but she was shocked once again at how low the head is, so I guess a -1 means progress at this point for me.

I'm not going to lie- I'm in a lot of pain right now. She stripped my membranes (yuck-TMI) again and I am having some major contractions. We are timing them just in case she threw me into labor, but for now we will continue to wait.... probably for days.


Sorry, no pictures this time.

2 comments:

  1. ok......new prediction.....you're going to have your baby on November 17th at 632pm! ha ha! but for real......can you just go ahead and have him already! don't slap me;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday the 13th? What a great day to have a baby. Congratulations Mike and Katie!!! Natalie announced the birth on facebook. Can't wait to see pictures of Dylan.
    Aunt Darlene

    ReplyDelete