Wednesday, November 4, 2009

38 weeks

Melissa (my cousin) had her baby!! Eva Simone Wistehuff was born November 1, weighing a whopping 9lbs, 4.2oz and 21 inches long!! She is the cutest thing ever! She has the chubbiest little cheeks and legs. She's perfect.

Well, there has been a change of tides recently. At my appointment yesterday I found out that I am 3cm dilated and 70% effaced. The mid-wife said I would definitely not make it to 40 weeks. She felt the top of his head and everything! I couldn’t believe it. In fact, she went ahead and “stripped” my cervix to help move things along. After all that, I’m now extremely certain that I could never have a natural birth. …and I probably just jinxed myself. We have no idea when I may go into labor. It could be in a few days or a couple weeks. You just never know. I have had some cramps/contractions today, but that's part of a normal day for me lately. I am really scared that I will not know when I am in true labor.

This is probably the last photo we'll have of just the two of us!
This Friday the wives club is having a little baby shower for me. They just couldn't help themselves. I am wondering if I'll be there. I hope so because there will be cake!

2 comments:

  1. me and mom started dying laughing when we read that last sentence! thank you very much for making my day! now hurry up and get that baby dylan out here - go for a long walk, eat spicy food, and....well......do that thing you did to make baby Dylan....at least that's what everyone says to do! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie,
    I just stummbled on to your blog. I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to see pictures of the precious little baby

    ReplyDelete