Thursday, October 29, 2009

White-Out!

What in the world!!??? It is only October. We had a flat-out blizzard today. Mike came home at 3pm and said that the weather (and roads) were fine about 8 miles south of us. I still can't get over how different our weather is compared to Colorado Springs. This should have been disclosed before we bought the house!

37 weeks
Over the weekend the baby “dropped,” meaning the baby entered the birth canal. I didn’t think I could possibly use the bathroom anymore, but I was wrong. I have had a big increase in cramps/contractions. They are painful. The other night they woke me up. Of course none of this means anything. I like to think they mean the baby is going to come early, but I know better.

We had our first Lamaze class on Tuesday night. It was a lot of fun. There were tons of pregnant gals in there! The two girls that we were sitting beside both have the same due date as me. How funny! Mike was great. He is going to be the best birth coach, as long as he doesn’t see any blood or needles- this could be a problem. We got to tour the labor and delivery area. It is newly remodeled. Now they have private rooms instead of having to share. We missed the final class due to last night's weather, but we feel like we know the basics.

My next appointment is Tuesday. I'm excited to see if there has been any progress.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! I've been following the snow. It's going to be a LOOOONNNNNGGGG winter for you guys. You'd better pray Dylan isn't like Eli. He says "Momma, stay inside. Cold outside" when it's 65!! Not much unlike Mike, I guess :)

    ReplyDelete